Disinfectant for Pandemic Disease Control
Control of infectious diseases and pandemic threats
- Safe and Effective
- No gap effectiveness
- Environmentally Friendly
- Suitable for human & plant pathogens
- Approved Organic Input
- Non Toxic to People & Plants
GeoSIL DS is a highly effective broadband disinfectant suitable for the control of high levels of infectious disease and pandemic threats. It is used extensively in Europe for cases of latent or acute risk to health through threats from Avian and Swine flu viruses, and the containment of infectious diseases including Foot & Mouth Disease (FMD) and other opportunistic pathogens such as Candida, Cryptosporidium, Pseudomonas, and many more.
It is suitable for use in a wide variety of situations that can include medical facilities, treatment rooms, instruments, tools, equipment, machinery, storage & transport facilities, food crops, disinfection mats & footbaths, walls, floors, drains, air handling equipment, water supplies and water storage tanks. GeoSIL DS can be applied using spraying, cold fogging, dipping or washing, and wiping.
GeoSIL DS has a number features that make it a unique choice in normal and emergency conditions. Used as directed:
- It has the killing power to make it a an effective pathogen control, yet is safe enough to use to disinfect bare hands.
- It can be applied using spray or cold fogging equipment, yet spray drift will not detrimentally affect the operator or the surrounding environment.
- It will destroy virulent bacteria strains, yet in the process will break down into oxygen and water and leave no detectable residues.
- It can be used at regular intervals, yet will not allow pathogens to evolve a resistance to it.
GeoSIL DS is effective against a comprehensive range of pathogens, including;
- Pathogenic bacteria ‐ Salmonella, E. Coli, Pseudomonas, staphylococci.
- Viruses ‐ HIV, herpes, hepatitis, influenza (including avian & swine flu.)
- Yeasts ‐ Candida.
- Fungi ‐ Trichophyton / foot fungus, Aspergillus, Penicillium.
The effectiveness of GeoSIL DS has been proven in tests involving over 250 studies carried out by recognized international laboratories and Universities, and lately have included the Avian Influenza & Swine flu viruses H5N1 & H1N1 . (See related documents list below) Despite extensive testing and years of practical experience, no organisms have yet been found to able to develop a resistance to the disinfection properties of GeoSIL®.
GeoSIL disinfectants use the powerful oxidising properties of hydrogen peroxide in a process that uses minute amounts of silver ions to stabilize it and boost its disinfection action. The result is a multicomponent disinfection that will destroy a broad spectrum of microorganisms, pathenogenic viruses, protozoa, bacteria, yeasts, fungi, and mould.
The unique disinfection action of GeoSIL DS is a three stage process.
- Powerful free oxygen radicals are released by the hydrogen peroxide which rapidly attach to the microorganism and attack the cell membrane.
- Silver ions then prevent further action by binding to the enzymes to denature the cell and disruption cell activity.
- Silver ions then immediately halt reproduction and metabolic function by binding with the DNA.
This three stage disinfection process is why the synergistic effect of hydrogen peroxide and silver combined is up to 30 times more potent than the sum of the separate effects of the two individual components. It is also the reason why microorganisms cannot evolve a resistance to the anti microbial actions of GeoSIL, and why it does not enter into combination with other chemicals to produce unwanted disinfection by‐products (DBP’s).
During the disinfection process, GeoSIL DS decomposes into oxygen gas and water. The oxygen produced further inhibits the survival of anaerobic bacteria and microorganisms and the silver leaves an undetectable silver barrier to provide an antibacterial protective shield against bacterial recontamination.
GeoSIL DS – Disinfectant Spray is a ready to use (3% GeoSIL®) disinfectant for direct application with either hand or mechanical sprayers. It is ideal as a general purpose anti‐viral disinfectant for medical, dental, and veterinary uses, animal husbandry, crops, equipment, packing and storage premises, cleaning air handling equipment, filters etc. It is harmless to the environment, safe for the user, and is additionally stabilised for maximum effectiveness and long shelf life.